If you’re a regualr reader (or an observant occasional one) you’ll have noted that I have been adding some changes and upgrades to this blog in the last few weeks. This is partly because I am a card-carrying gadgetologist (*grin*), but mostly because I am trying to keep riding the wave of ease of online media. People want to have everything fed directly to their cortex in a continous stream, and be able to tweet, FaceBook (when did that become a verb?) and share effortlessly. However, the essence – of simplicity and something interesting to read – is something I’m at pains to retain. To balance this equation, I need some empiric data: your comments!
I’ve integrated the following recently:
- Search function – top right and easy to spot from any page
- Easier link to the galleries – mindless viewing pleasure
- Email subscription function – new posts direct to your inbox!
- Streamlined sharing, direct-to-email and direct-print links at the bottom of each post
- Twitterfeed for those spontaneous thoughts and images
Behind the scenes, I’ve upgraded the blog’s engine and post archiving system, which should make it quick and easy to use. There is also now a mobile interface, so you an read the blogin a pared-down form on your smartphone. It is difficult for me to assess these changes and especialy compatibility across platforms , however, so I really do need your comments and insights. Try the links, subscribe via mail, rant, enthuse or complain – I welcome it all!