“Will We Say No?”
Released this month by Springer, edited by Dr David Crippen, a neurointensivist and the “Fearless Leader” of CCM-L (the International Critical Care Mailing List and discussion group) and including two chapter on ICU in South Africa, in the past, present and looking towards the future. I am particularly proud to have contributed the latter (Chapter 22).
Continue reading ICU Resource Allocation in the New Millenium
The basis for this list came out of a post on the Critical Care Mailing List (CCM-L), and I don’t have info on who originally created it, but it’s too good not to share. Most of these are orientated toward emergency medicine, but will be appreciated by all disciplines. (Ok, maybe not dermatology, but you never know…) I’ll try to update it when I stumble across more, so if you know of others, forward them to me or comment below. Enjoy!
- ACEP US Section – for all the needs of emergency physicians who perform US, credential others, direct US programs and much more!
- SAEM US Academy – is a community within the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine. AEUS provides an international forum bringing together bedside clinician sonologists with the common goal of advancing patient care
- Bedside US and the Stanford 25 – The Stanford 25 is a list of 25 dependent physical diagnosis maneuvers to help with the physical exam and medical education, one of which is bedside US
- Society of US in Medical Education – this link takes you to the learning modules, but if you press “Home” you will see how amazing this society is for enhancing US education.
- Emergency Ultrasonography – this site is a great go-to for providing the foundation for a basic understanding of Emergency Ultrasound through lectures, modules, testing
- EMSono – a great site which is a comprehensive emergency ultrasound education website that also provides you with free teaching modules through the SonoBridge. It also provides the ACEP test for bedside US.
- iTunes Podcasts on Emergency Ultrasound – Great notes on a broad range of topics by J. Christian Fox, MD.
- SonoGuide – An excellent free online site to learn all that there is to know with regard to bedside US
- SonoSpot – Topics in bedside ultrasound
- SoundBytes – a great CME download and set of lectures !
- Ultrasound Podcast – a very fun and cool way to learn bedside US through two very funny guys!
- Ultrasound SHARE – a great site for a library for all the US videos/images you ever want to see!
- US Guided Nerve Blocks – a complete source for all you want to know in regard to US guided Nerve blocks.
- ViewSono – great video tutorials (short format case based), reviews of core ultrasound procedures in emergency medicine, critical care and regional anesthesia
- Vimeo US images and videos – an awesome site to see every US related video you’ll ever want to see!
There are quite a few smart phone apps and iTunes videos that can help while you are on the run, train, plane, or riding in the back of a Harley:
If you’re the original creator of this list, please let me know so I can credit you!